Tuesday 5 March 2013

Art trip cancelled - Adriatic coast closed

Picture: Visit Italy
I'd planned an art trip to Italy's Adriatic coast in late March.  I was going to cycle between the towns that have famous pictures that few have seen - Piero della Francesca in Rimini and Urbino, Lorenzo Lotto in Recanati and Jesi, Bellini in Pesaro, Titian in Ancona (etc...).   The first blow was when I found out that the Barocci are all at the National Gallery.  Then I discovered that the Pesaro museum is mostly closed for refurbishment.  Now I hear that the Ancona Titian is on loan to a show in Rome.  Basta!  I'm going somewhere else. 
 
I'm going to brave the crowds and go to the Titian show in Rome, I think, and maybe the Springtime in the Renaissance exhibition in Florence.  But I'm sad to be forced back to the main tourist centres.  Perhaps I'll do the other side of the Piero trail (Arezzo, Sansepolcro, Monterchi), and I'd like to see Citta di Castello too.  I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment